[clue-tech] Reply-To?

June Tate-Gans june at theonelab.com
Tue Feb 2 15:11:59 MST 2010

Random question (and I'm aware this has probably started a massive
flamewar in the past): Why do we set the Reply-To header in the
mailing list generated emails? I just now wanted to talk to someone
off-list, and found it impossible to do so without hacking around my
mail client by manually pulling out the From header's contents.

I'm not looking for a flamewar here -- just a simple answer as to why
the decision was made to frob the header is all.

--
June Tate-Gans    | Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things
www.theonelab.com | than you free with my breakfast cereal. -- Zaphod Beeblebrox