[clue-tech] Reply-To?

rjohnston at denverinternet.com rjohnston at denverinternet.com
Tue Feb 2 16:02:02 MST 2010

On February 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM June Tate-Gans <june at theonelab.com> wrote:

> Random question (and I'm aware this has probably started a massive
> flamewar in the past): Why do we set the Reply-To header in the
> mailing list generated emails? I just now wanted to talk to someone
> off-list, and found it impossible to do so without hacking around my
> mail client by manually pulling out the From header's contents.
>
> I'm not looking for a flamewar here -- just a simple answer as to why
> the decision was made to frob the header is all.

It was discussed when we first set the list up, and the thought at the time was
that since it was a group list - the majority of the replies would/should go to
the list, so that the whole list could benefit from the discussion.

It does show the email (see yours above) for those times when it does need to go
off-list.