[clue-tech] Reply-To?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 2 18:45:52 MST 2010

June Tate-Gans wrote:
> Random question (and I'm aware this has probably started a massive
> flamewar in the past): Why do we set the Reply-To header in the
> mailing list generated emails?

Go find the reply-to munging considered harmful article.  Then find the rebuttals to that.  We
flipped a coin and came down on the latter (not really, I wasn't here then--but it may as well have
been).

In the end, MUAs suck.  Yours doesn't make it easy to override the reply-to (nor does mine).  Mine
doesn't make it easy to reply to list if we didn't munge the header.  I probably need to switch to
mutt, if I weren't so lazy.