[clue-tech] help with: "fifo: Permission denied" when using acpi_fakekey as non-root

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Thu Feb 11 09:49:47 MST 2010

Hi Mike,

You are going to have to do a bit of detective work.  The brute force
way might be to just do "find / -type p" as root and see what comes up.

[root]# find / -type p -exec ls -l {} \;
prw-------    1 root     root            0 Nov 18 15:20 /dev/initctl

There will be more, I don't know how long the find command will take,
but it may take a long time depending on your system.  As for which
process is using it, try 'lsof -n" to see what filehandles each process
has open.

Hope this helps,
Jim