[clue-tech] increment weather

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Tue Feb 23 07:14:23 MST 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> But even on Dennis's form (or Jed's while loop, which is essentially the
> same) I wonder whether in-loop mods are a good idea.  Remember what Kernighan
> said about debugging being harder than coding...

>From a computability standpoint, if you want to compute a value of a
partial function, you have to have the ability to modify the counter
variable inside the loop.  Otherwise, you can only compute total function's
values.

Pedantically yours,
Bruce Ediger

PS
I think David Anselmi is correct: you should look very, very hard at
modifications of the loop counter variable.  That practice causes trouble.