[clue-tech] Arch Linux

Michael Irons michael.irons at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:44:50 MST 2010

> really breaks down the packages so you can install only what you want
> (i.e. certain KDE apps but not others). Another advantage is that like
> most distros, it just installs the binary, so KDE didn't take 26+
> hours to download and compile. I used the same driver with Arch as I
> was trying with Gentoo, but Arch made it easier to set up and it
> works. A big plus is that starting it up with the KDM was easy, so now
> I have a graphical log in. Jason Ash

Good to hear. I am shopping for another distro as well, and despite
everyone's fantastic suggestions I am being hard to please.
I was thinking of going back to gentoo, but was dreading compiling the large
packages. Arch was another distro I was looking at trying, but had
reservations. I may have to try it after all.

Mike Irons