[clue-tech] Arch Linux

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Sat Jan 16 15:17:00 MST 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, Jason Ash wrote:

> instead as Dennis suggested. Following the beginner's guide,
> installation was easy and it reminded me of Slackware. It took me a

The installer reminded me a bit of Slackware, too.

> whole day to install the base system, configure, and install X, KDE,
> and go-openoffice. This is what I do in my free time being unemployed

Don't forget to "pacman -Syu" every once in a while.  I didn't for the first
month, and it cost me an overnight download and install.

Arch's X11 "xorg" server seems to have problems with Intel Corporation
82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device.  Unfortunately,
that's what my box has, so I'm using it in VESA mode to avoid these
weird hard lock-ups that require a power cycle to reset.