[clue-tech] Arch Linux

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Tue Jan 19 09:20:13 MST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> Linux is not "one distro fits all".  Find one that fits your needs.  You can
> always migrate to another one as your needs and wants change.

Hear, hear!  Bravo!  I think that I (at least) tend to forget this sort of thing,
even though I've done it multiple times.

I started with NetBSD, moved to SuSE 7.3, waffled a bit at SuSE 8.0, moved to
SlackWare, tried CentOS but stayed with SlackWare, built an LFS system but
stayed with SlackWare, currently trying Arch.  I also use HP-UX and Solaris
at work.  Code I write in one place almost always works everywhere, except
for the dreadful HP-UX anachronistic "make" and "c89".