[clue-tech] Re: Arch Linux

Michael Irons michael.irons at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:52:26 MST 2010

Thanks... I appreciate the support.
I am not worried about what other people think though, I was playing devils
advocate with myself.. Yes, I am being a wimp, but for good reason. I just
threw it out there to for discussion.  I have been on the fence with the
different distros, unable to decide, so I asked clue to see if someone could
sway me to a distro. Nobody had brought that part to the table, so I said
it.that is

And yes... I do think I will stay with kubuntu for the semester at least.
For exactly the reasons you mentioned. I am exhausted after the first few
days. And A few of the classes I am taking are going to have some pretty
heavy programming that I will need to concentrate on...at least is what the
professors are trying to scare us with these first few days.

Gentoo does a lot of things right.. if more distros looked at what they were
doing... a lot of of distros would have many of their problems solved IMHO
Too many people discount gentoo because they compile (which is a matter of
taste, not necessarily wrong)..
 I would love a gentoo distro without compiling... That is why I left as
well (more specifically the endless drowning in use flags... compiling
actually wasn't bad at all... it was preparing for compiling.

That is why arch looks interesting... but it will have to wait until after
this semester. Unfortunately I ran out of time before school started this
semester.