[clue-tech] To dumb down or not to dumb down

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 11:32:41 MDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM, June Tate-Gans <june at theonelab.com> wrote:
> Erm... correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as though your definition of a
> "normal user" has a couple of problems.
> On Jul 8, 2010 4:02 AM, "Nate Duehr" <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
>

> On Jul 7, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Jim Ockers wrote:
>
>> Does your NIC driver support SIOCGMIIPHY ioctls or...
>
> Yeah, 'cause that's something a normal user of an OS is supposed to know...

If you understand "normal user" to mean a brain-dead user without an
inquiring mind, I think we've already demonstrated that neither the
original poster nor those who responded qualify as "normal users". A
normal user would say "what the #@!% is that". Users on this list are
more likely to say "Hmmm! maybe I should look that up".

--
Collins Richey