[clue-tech] virtualization

Charles W Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 13:23:09 MDT 2010

I have been using VirtualBox for about a year.  Right now, I have three
separate VMs--Windows XP, Linux Mint 9 and PC Linux OS (KDE) 2010.1.  VB
is running inside Linux Mint 5 and, so far, all of the recent updates by
Oracle have worked.  I think that Linux Mint 5 is based on Ubuntu Hardy
LTS.  I am "testing" the Linux VMs because I haven't had time (or the
"guts") to upgrade to a more modern release.  The XP is there because I
had not switched all of our genealogy records to gramps a year ago.  I
run these VMs only occasionally, so I don't know if they play together
at all.

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> How many of you are using virtualization?  I am testing Qemu-kvm and I
> know a couple of people are using VirtualBox.  And there is at least
> one VMWare fan.

Chuck Downing
Highlands Ranch, Colorado USA