[clue-tech] virtualization

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Jul 28 14:34:57 MDT 2010

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> How many of you are using virtualization? I am testing Qemu-kvm and I know a couple of people are
> using VirtualBox. And there is at least one VMWare fan.

I use qemu.  It's really slow on an almost 10 year old box but it works.  Don't know about
networking and such though since I only use it as a Windows kiosk.

I gave up on VMWare since every kernel upgrade required a recompile and those started to require new
patches every time.  But we use it at work so eventually a free ESX/vsphere might be useful.