[clue-tech] virtualization

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Wed Jul 28 14:42:41 MDT 2010

Hi Dennis,

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> How many of you are using virtualization?  I am testing Qemu-kvm and I
> know a couple of people are using VirtualBox.  And there is at least
> one VMWare fan.

I use VMware on CentOS 5.3 because I'm lazy.  It always seems to "just
work" including installation and I don't update my kernel very often
anyway.  Due to some goofy hardware (NIC chip on the motherboard was
newer rev than the driver in the CentOS kernel supported) I built a
custom kernel from scratch anyway, so vmware wanting build its own
modules wasn't a big deal to me.

Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)