[clue-tech] virtualization

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jul 28 14:50:18 MDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 13:24 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> libvirt/kvm here. It's gotten to be a pretty nice setup, IMHO.

Ditto.  We run 4 libvirt/kvm hosts with lots of guests though we seldom
run multiple guests at the same time just because we never need to.

It was all done as a proof of concept of web-based management of a
"cloud" via a grid system we built here.  Kinda cool demo.  Not that I
can do it outside of the office.  :-)

libvirt/kvm is actually pretty easy to use.  At least if your VMs are
Linux.  Haven't tried with other OSes.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>