[clue-tech] My perfect Linux ... if it exists

Sat Jun 19 11:07:14 MDT 2010

NVIDIA's downloadable drivers install just great on RHEL 5 / CentOS 5 / Fedora 6. What graphics do you have?

Everything else (except specific statements about "not Ubuntu") seems to indicate that you're looking for Ubuntu 8.04.4 or 9.10. :-) And remember that 10.04 will get better over time. There is no 10.03 that I'm aware of.

And have you tried SUSE 10?

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness