[clue-tech] Simple DNS solution

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Tue Jun 22 09:42:46 MDT 2010

Hi folks,
I'm using a Qwest modem/router which doesn't support loopback.
Therefore on my mobile devices I'm always forced to switch between
my server's domain name and its LAN address depending on whether I'm
inside the house or out in the world.

A solution to this problem is to run a DNS server inside my LAN to
resolve my domain name to the local IP.  But I've been avoiding this
solution because I don't want to have to spend the time relearning
BIND.  Is there an easier DNS solution I can pursue for my simple
needs?

Thanks,
-TAG