[clue-tech] Improving performance of php sending mail via exim on CentOS5

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Mar 4 22:57:51 MST 2010

ErikZ wrote:
> The emails have some unique strings that he's pulling out of the database.
>
> What I was wondering is if it's just the name, or if it's several
> things.Maybe it would be better to grab the info out of a flat file
> and build the emails from there?

So there isn't really much to go on.  But I'd say that putting data in the database, then reading it
to put in a socket, which goes in the mail queue, which goes to a socket is probably more repetitive
than it needs to be.  Writing messages directly to the mail queue would be better.

Of course exim is the expert at putting mail in the queue so you don't really want to reinvent the
wheel.  But it seems likely that someone has already solved this problem (maybe even in PHP).