[clue-tech] Installing Desktop Linux on a 300 Mhz laptop 99linux

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Sat Mar 6 14:57:09 MST 2010

Dell Latitude CPi     Model PPL   Laptop ( LT )
300MHz   P2
4.8GB HDD
128MB RAM

Using the UltimateBootCD I tested the HDD ( good )  , the memory
( good )

The LT would not run a 'Live" Knoppix 3.0 CD nor would it run a recent
LinuxMint installation CD.
In desparation , I put a copy of WIN XP on the LT and that installed
just find.
After that , the Knoppix would now run correctly.
The Linux Mint would get much farther in it's process but it still
does not install.

What would cause this ?   Any recommendations ?

Gus S. Calabrese