[clue-tech] sound on Hardy

Bill Smith wpsmithii at msn.com
Fri Mar 26 17:46:15 MDT 2010

Here you go Jed. What did I just do? The MB evidently has a Sigmatel audio chip and they are out of business, so no help there.

I did this:   cat /dev/urandom > /dev/dsp     and no sound, but It (the sound) works in windows

caelinux at bill-desktop:~$ lsmod | grep snd
snd_hda_intel         442328  3
snd_usb_audio         100384  1
snd_seq_dummy           5764  0
snd_pcm_oss            47648  0
snd_mixer_oss          20224  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                92296  3 snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio,snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc         13200  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
snd_seq_oss            38912  0
snd_usb_lib            21120  1 snd_usb_audio
snd_seq_midi           10688  0
snd_seq_midi_event     10112  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_rawmidi            29856  2 snd_usb_lib,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                63232  6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_hwdep              12552  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio
snd_timer              27912  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device         10644  5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    70984  21 snd_hda_intel,snd_usb_audio,snd_seq_dummy,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_usb_lib,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_hwdep,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore              10400  1 snd
usbcore               170288  9 snd_usb_audio,pwc,snd_usb_lib,usbhid,usb_storage,libusual,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd