[clue-tech] sound on Hardy

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 18:47:34 MDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Bill Smith <wpsmithii at msn.com> wrote:
> I did what you suggested, but I don't see a driver for a Sigmatel chip

I don't know whether this is the same sigmatel chip or not, but see

I haven't found an exact solution, but Google is your friend. I
particular try 'ubuntu 9.10 sound sigmatel'.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/hda-intel-sigmatel-stac9200-no-sound-medion-laptop-597506/

I haven't found an exact solution, but Google is your friend. In
particular try 'ubuntu 9.10 sound sigmatel'. This appears to be a very
common problem and may not be fixed in the "older" (from my sid
perspective) kernels used in 9.10..I suspect that a very current
version of alsa will be needed.

--
Collins Richey