[clue-tech] Modulating White Noise

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Mar 27 20:03:04 MDT 2010

Okay all you Linux audio geeks (or any other kind who are interested) ...

The recent sound-card debugging thread got me to wondering whether I
could modulate the noise produced by piping /dev/urandom to /dev/dsp to
create a surf effect, or maybe some other effects.

So, I did a dd of /dev/urandom to a file, and imported into Audacity,
whereupon a discovered that Audacity has noise generation built in.
Well, whatever.

The question is how to somehow apply a volume modulation that will create
a sort of surf effect. Preferrably quasi-randomly.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?