[clue-tech] Ubuntu 10.04 graphic problem

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Sat May 1 08:30:55 MDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Jason Ash <wizardofki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just did upgraded my laptop from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04. But, upon
> rebooting, I get a blank screen and nothing else. I searched Google
> for a solution and the only thing that I could find was to press F6
> during the Live cd and enter "i915.modeset=0 xforcevesa" for 852GM
> graphic chipsets. However, I already have 10.04 installed and I'm not
> using the live cd, so where to I enter or add this line? I can boot
> into recovery mode to get a prompt to come up, but that's it so far.

Not sure if either of these would be related to your issue, but I
found these articles that might help.

How to fix ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid) blank Screen at startup
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-fix-ubuntu-10-04-lts-lucid-blank-screen-at-startup.html

Incompatibility with nVidia upstream driver installer in Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid)
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/incompatibility-with-nvidia-upstream-driver-installer-in-ubuntu-10-04-lucid.html

HTH,
--
Doug