[clue-tech] Ubuntu 10.04 graphic problem

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat May 1 23:01:41 MDT 2010

Jason Ash wrote:
> I'm thinking of just going back to 9.10 since that worked.

I think you'll be much better in the long run figuring out what broke in X and how to fix it.

Does Ctrl-Alt-F1 get you a console?  If it does, does the X log give you any clues?  If not, how
about the messages or kernel logs?

> How they ever let this problem slip through to the stable release I'll never know. Thanks anyway.

I'd guess that if it's reasonably common they'll have a bug report on it.  If it isn't reasonably
common there's no way for them to catch it.  So you should file a bug report (be good to figure out
the cause so they can figure out how to fix it).