[clue-tech] [spam?] EncFS - file encryption using Fuse

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed May 12 17:20:30 MDT 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 16:39:39 -0600
Jim Ockers wrote:

> Unfortunately I wasn't there for your discussion (but I would have
> liked to be), so I don't know if TrueCrypt was discussed as a means of
> encrypting data on hard drives. I don't know what "black helicopter"
> overtones are but there are lots of nosy people out there.

Obviously, you're not paranoid enough. :-)

There are tradeoffs with any encryption method. If you want plausible
deniability, then you have to go with the hidden volume method. If you
just want to protect your data, and don't want to bother with having to
figure out what size to make your container file, then EncFS seems
entirely adequate.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?