[clue-tech] I am looking for a GRUB2 GUI editor installed on a CD

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Fri May 21 13:02:20 MDT 2010

> On May 21, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Jim Ockers wrote:
>
> Hi Gus,
>
> YES NOPE9 wrote:
>> I am looking for a GRUB2 GUI editor installed on a bootable CD
>>
>> I have looked around on intergoogle and have not found anything
>>

>> Gus S. Calabrese
>>
> What are you trying to edit? I don't understand the question. If you
> get
> the GUI GRUB boot menu you can use the keyboard to navigate through
> the
> GUI and change boot options etc. If you want to edit grub.conf on a
> bootable CD that probably won't work because the CD is read-only. If
> you
> want to edit grub.conf on a hard drive while booted from a CD, your
> best
> bet might be to use a text editor since grub.conf is just a text file.
>
> Does that help?
>
> --
> Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
> Contact info: http://www.ockers.ca/pason.html

What I want is something like KGRUBEDIT or QGRUBEDIT installed on a
bootable Linux CD.
Then I can boot the CD and edit GRUB files on hard drives located on
the computer of interest.
I have already had a problem with a GRUB installation that somehow
decided to have a timeout of zero seconds.
I just saw the GRUB GUI flicker on the screen and then the boot
continued.
Yes, I fixed it by looking up the documentation that explained how.
( and hated every minute of it )
I like editors like QGRUBEDIT and SWAT because they remind me of what
is important about the application I am dealing with.  I am very
visually oriented and dislike remembering commands.

Gus