[clue-tech] WiFi "routers" are in.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 28 16:24:36 MDT 2010

I went by Microcenter today and picked up two WRTU54G-TM.  They were cheap so I figured 2 might give
us better use at installfest.

So what's the best way to set these up?  I gave them the same SSID and different channels.

I sort of planned to plug them into the wired network via their "Internet" ports, so I gave them
different subnets and made them both DHCP servers.  That means it will be awkward for machines that
are connected to one to talk to the other (not that that's a requirement).

I read a little bit about repeater mode and such but these don't seem to have such a thing.  Should
I have gotten something else?  Should I set it up differently?

I guess it will mostly work in any case.