[clue-tech] Suggestion for upcoming presentation - build you own PC

ErikZ erik.zolan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 12:02:13 MST 2010

Boards are the most annoying part to replace. Even if the warranty is
honored, you're sending it off to the manufacturer and hoping they'll
send you a good replacement.
Newegg has a feedback section that's invaluable for seeing if people
are having problems with a motherboard.

The best part about building your own systems is not being dependent
on someone else to fix it. Drive starts to go bad? Get up, buy a new
drive, copy the files over. Done.

My personal recommendation on buying motherboards, is to get one with
built-in video. Even if you don't plan on using it, if your video card
dies, you have an emergency backup while you find a replacement.