[clue-tech] Want recommendations for monitoring webpages and servers

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Fri Nov 12 10:00:28 MST 2010

You can install and run nagios yourself.  It's not that tough to do.
If you want something outside your firewall you can get a vps from
someone like http://vpslink.com/vps-hosting/ for $8/month and run
nagios from there.

Alternately we could set up a nagios monitoring "collective" and
monitor each others external services.

Another option is to use Google Analytics.  This is pretty much a
passive approach but it can help understand usage and diagnose
problems:  http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html