[clue-tech] Want recommendations for monitoring webpages and servers

Whiting, Gary Gary.Whiting at echostar.com
Fri Nov 12 13:35:16 MST 2010

I still like BigBrother. I use an old version (1.9, pre-Quest Software ownership) because it still does what I need it to. I'm not sure about licensing anymore. You can monitor straight server up/down based on ping response or you can add services like ftp, http, etc. All without a client. Install the client agent and you can get even more info.
http://bb4.com

We tried OpenNMS for a little while and it work well, too.
http://www.opennms.org/

Gary Whiting | Staff Systems Administrator - UNIX
EchoStar Information Technology
100 Inverness Terrace East | Englewood, CO  80112
(O) 303-706-5607 | (C) 303-229-6114
Gary.Whiting at echostar.com | http://sats-it