[clue-tech] RHEL to CentOS

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Nov 12 15:17:36 MST 2010

I'm excited to try out the new RHEL 6 release, so I'm downloading it
right now. I'm going to run a free trial of RHEL for the next 30 days. I
hear CentOS 6 will be out in about 6 weeks. My question is - has anybody
"morphed" a RHEL system into a CentOS system before? The last time I did
this, I had turned a RHEL 3.X box into a WBEL system. I just had to
install yum and point it at their repo servers, and all the updates
overwrote the RHEL stuff and eventually there wasn't a trace of RHEL
left. Does anyone know of any pitfalls or issues I might run into doing
this with the latest version?