[clue-tech] Want recommendations for monitoring webpages and servers

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 16:08:42 MST 2010

If you want GPL and have a box capable of running perl, cron, and an SMTP
account...

http://checkwebsite.org/

All the script does is check if a site is up or down and sends an email when
down.  It does create log files if you want to post-process them for up-time.
However, it does meet your requirement of free (as in beer) and unlimited
websites.  Since it's open source, you can make adjustments as necessary to fit
your needs.