[clue-tech] DNS

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:49:50 MST 2010

Microsoft Technet says that a Windows DNS server will wait three seconds for
a DNS server to respond during a recursive lookup before moving on to the
next server for the domain.  I suspect BIND is similar but I do not see
mention of it in the documentation.

On the client side a Windows machine will give it's preferred DNS server two
seconds to respond before moving on to the next DNS server in its list.
 Again I could not find anything on the BIND light weight resolver.