[clue-tech] DNS

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 15:03:09 MST 2010

A Linux box will wait 5 seconds and then move on to the next server.

http://linux.die.net/man/5/resolver
"timeout:*n*
sets the amount of time the resolver will wait for a response from a remote
name server before retrying the query via a different name server. Measured
in seconds, the default is RES_TIMEOUT (see
*<resolv.h<http://linux.die.net/include/resolv.h>>
)."*
<http://linux.die.net/man/5/resolver>http://linux.die.net/include/resolv.h
<http://linux.die.net/include/resolv.h>"# define RES_TIMEOUT 5 /* min.