[clue-tech] Windows 7 recommendation

Jason Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Fri Nov 19 14:24:00 MST 2010

> A third possible option is if your laptop has E-SATA capabilities.  If so,
> you can use an external SATA drive which is nearly as fast as an internal.
> The downside being you'd need to carry a bulky external drive around with
> you.

The laptop does have E-SATA.  I see 32GB solid state drives at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=32+gb+solid+state+drive+sata
and http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=32+gb+solid+state+drive+sata.

They seem within my budget ... how likely is it that the existing
encryption on the Windows 7 drive will be an impediment.  If, within
Virtualbox, I fire up Win7, will I be prompted with the encryption
sign-in?  I think that is the behavior I want/need.

Any brands recommended or discouraged?