[clue-tech] Compaq Armada 3500 woes

Bill Smith wpsmithii at msn.com
Tue Nov 23 10:34:11 MST 2010

Hi Jim, the otuput to the 1st command is: brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 0 Nov 23 15:28 /dev/sda and the /dev/sda is in yellow
The output to the 2nd is: mknod: '/tmp/sda': Operation not permitted
Then I realized I was not root, did that and tried again. Same for the 1st output. 2nd output is: back at the prompt, then for grub-install /dev/sda the output is, 1st line: grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?). 2nd line: grub-probe: error: cannot find a dvice for /boot/ (is /dev mounted?). 3rd line: Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device>