[clue-tech] Compaq Armada 3500 woes

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Nov 23 10:51:09 MST 2010

Bill,

The kernel VFS maintains a list of mounted filesystems in /proc/mounts.
If your root (/) filesystem and /boot are not mounted or not found in
/etc/fstab then some of the tools you're trying to use might complain.

What does "cat /proc/mounts" return?  Is it a list of mounted
filesystems and devices?  What is in /etc/fstab (do "cat /etc/fstab" to
find out).  If /etc/fstab is broken or not there, just do "cat
/proc/mounts > /etc/fstab" to rebuild it.  You will need to be root for
that of course.

Then try your grub tools again.

HTH
Jim