[clue-tech] looking for encryption books references

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Nov 28 10:45:18 MST 2010

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 10:38:39 -0700
Mike Bean wrote:

> Inspired by the recent request for good reading materials, I thought I'd
> make a similar request of my own.  Of late I'm thinking I need to stop
> being so blase about information security, and learn what I can about
> cyber-security and encryption in particular.   Most of my references
> are at least a couple years out of date, although I do apparently have
> GPG.  In any case, I thought I'd ask for any good materials folks might
> be willing to recommend on the subject.

You looking for history, theory, practical?

http://www.schneier.com/books.html

Kahn on Codes, by David Kahn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto:_How_the_Code_Rebels_Beat_the_Government_Saving_Privacy_in_the_Digital_Age

http://www.simonsingh.net/Crypto_Corner.html

Then go from the bibliographies in those books.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?