[clue-tech] Get back on track, was: Re: Application support / further development

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 18:33:15 MDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Jed S. Baer <cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 07:38:50 -0500
> Collins Richey wrote:
>
>> From the responses I've seen, it seems that only the tiny group of
>> admins is interested in preserving the old rigid structure.
>
> Right. There's 175 people on this list, and you're counting a few people
> who either agree with you or don't care as a consensus.
>
> This isn't the first time we've beat this subject to death. It isn't good
> for this list to continue to do so here. Anyone who wants to debate it
> can join the admin list (which is open to everyone) and bring it up there.

I must be brain dead since I don't see the benefit of asking people
who might care to comment to sign up for yet another list (thus far
two have been proposed clue-talk or clue-admin). I stick by my guns.
The only complaints (including preference for no discussion at all)
that I have heard in re this topic have been from two or three admins.

As regards Dave Anselmi's comment, I don't consider legitimate
discussion and/or offering points of view to be whining, and I
certainly don't have the ability to change anything. Maybe some of the
175 other people would have an interest in pursuing the topic; as for
me, I'm done.  Just don't expect me to join in the whining when
someone posts occasional topics of interest on the list that don't
have a narrow range.  I welcome all input.

--
Collins Richey