[clue-tech] Satellite RF or decoded TV signal redistribution in a MURB

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Wed Oct 6 12:26:11 MDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 11:49:47AM -0600, Jim Ockers wrote:
> 5. Almost everyone has high speed internet.  10Mbps downlink is easy
> and cheap to get on the cable TV network.  I'm not sure about the
> phone network but I'm guessing 6Mbps is the top for that.  I would
> think either of those would support some sort of streaming
> application.

One thing that may be do-able is to use a "sling-box" hookup to translate
the signal from the satellite TV box into a streaming signal to send down
to the apartment unit, then convert it back to video in the apartment.  It
should be able to translate IR signals and send them back to the satellite
receiver.  This would allow the satellite receiver to be placed anywhere
and the video to stream over the data network.

This could put the data networking to a good stress test...

marcus hall
marcus at tuells.org