[clue-tech] Satellite RF or decoded TV signal redistribution in a MURB

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Oct 6 19:46:38 MDT 2010

Jim Ockers wrote:
> Hi Gus,
>
> Good questions.
>
> 1. The only place the dish could conceivably go outside is on a very
> small balcony. It would probably have to be disguised as a patio chair
> or natural gas barbecue.

Can you get permission to put an enclosure on the roof, and put dishes in it and have electricians
run the cable up there (perhaps in conjunction with Hammel's multiplexer)?

> 5. Almost everyone has high speed internet. 10Mbps downlink is easy and
> cheap to get on the cable TV network. I'm not sure about the phone
> network but I'm guessing 6Mbps is the top for that. I would think either
> of those would support some sort of streaming application.

Do they need sat TV?  Can't they stream most everything they want?  I have a friend who canceled his
cable TV in favor of streaming (over cable internet).

Seems like this is doable, just need to decide how much work you want to put into a data center and
subscription management software.