[clue-tech] recover root? Ubuntu 10.4 netbook remix

Jon B jontheisguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:19:30 MDT 2010

Well, my suggestion would be to attempt to interrupt boot, edit grub temporarily, and put the system into single user mode.  Once there, change the user password (or root).. with Ubuntu specifically, the focus is usually on performing "sudo" operations for root-level access, and not using a root login.

FWIW.

Thanks,
Jon