[clue-tech] Clueless, pun intended

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Sep 4 19:44:49 MDT 2010

Bill Smith wrote:
> All I really want to do is upgrade the OS, which is PCLinuxOS 2007 32 bit, so it's really dated.

I think you can't upgrade the OS.  Not only is it dated, it's unsupported.  So probably the
repositories have been taken down and you have no place to get packages.  The best you can do is
reinstall, but you'll lose any updates that got done originally.

It would be nice if they kept the "latest" of the repository available but I don't think the
PCLinuxOS people did that, nor the CAELinux people.