[clue-tech] Looking for distro recommendation

Adrian Nagle anagle at naglenet.org
Wed Sep 15 10:28:00 MDT 2010

Keep an eye out for AuroraOS at auroraos.org.  It was formally Eeebuntu.  It
is not available yet, except in its eeebuntu version.

Sent via my Android phone.

On Sep 15, 2010 9:52 AM, "David Williams" <dkwloki-clue at yahoo.com> wrote:

Guys,

I am looking for a distro recommendation for a netbook.
I would like a decent desktop, and want to do surfing and a bit of
development and network hacking.

I have used Ubuntu, it seems to get slower w/each release, and has endless
updates.
I have used CentOS as a desktop and that has been OK, not as rich an
environment as Ubuntu.

Any votes for Fedora?
Any votes for OpenSuse?

I need this machine to be a dual boot machine, it's other user is Windows
ONLY.

Thanks,
-David

PS.  Hope to load this thing at Installfest on Saturday