[clue-tech] Application support / further development

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Sep 29 21:08:39 MDT 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:48:30 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Tubutis wrote:

> Public Web-based forums are indexed by google which can make
> searching easier.

The Mailman archives are web-accessible, and as such, are indexed by
Google too. Try the search box at the bottom of the CLUE homepage.

> However, those who are interested only in the job postings may
> prefer the lists be separate so they don't have to subscribe to the
> tech forum to find the job postings.

This.

Also, I've been a member of a few web-based forums, and I've ended up
disliking every one. I greatly prefer reading text in my mail client,
without all the crazy formatting problems which seem to be getting only
worse as web-standards supposedly "improve".

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?