[clue-tech] Application support / further development

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 21:30:48 MDT 2010

> So perhaps it is generational.

I've been on the 'net since Sept 1990 and got on the WWW when there
were a whopping (estimated) 200 sites already existing worldwide, this
was in 1993.

I'd offer age + laziness as reasons. ;)

I know *one* person who still uses elm (now mutt) to read his mail and,
last I saw, was using tin to read Usenet.

I can agree that some things can be done quickly and in an automated
fashion using those tools (especially when combined with things such as
procmail) as I "grew up on the 'net" using those tools.

However, as Bill gates can testify, pretty is what most users want, not
necessarily something offering industrial-strength functionality &
efficiency.

I spend my work day as a *nix admin (and have been doing so since 1996);
when I get home, I just want something that is easy to use and doesn't
require much thinking or effort, eye candy makes it more pleasant.

Enter Ubuntu.

-ct