[clue-tech] Questions for Crawford about BBB

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sun Jan 16 21:58:15 MST 2011

----- YES NOPE9 <yes at nope9.com> wrote: -----

> Hi Crawford
>
> I want to try BBB ( Big Blue Button ) for some college classes I
> teach.
>
> Do you know anyone who provides hosting for BBB ?
> Can BBB be arranged by the hour ?
> Would it be reasonable to try to install it at a Linux based ISP like
> ixwebhosting ?
> When is the ability to record a session expected to occur ?
>
> Gus in Denver 99gus 99metro

Answers:
- Yes.  Contact me off list about such and the requirements desired.
- Yes or by the schedule (e.g., pre pay for a month).
- Not sure since any streaming deal is heavy on I/O overall.  This would push the resource limits of most VPS groups, not to mention they would wonder about the bandwidth usage I suspect.
- With BBB I was informed it is v0.80.  With the other one, it is built in already is my understanding (still have not had my folks test that part...yet ;-) ).

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA