[clue-tech] [clue-talk] IMAPD

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Wed Jan 19 16:31:14 MST 2011

Hi Grant,

Yes, Cyrus uses maildir, I think.

/var/spool/imap/domain/a/agadez.ockers.net/o/user/ockers/cyrus.cache
/var/spool/imap/domain/a/agadez.ockers.net/o/user/ockers/cyrus.header
/var/spool/imap/domain/a/agadez.ockers.net/o/user/ockers/cyrus.index
/var/spool/imap/domain/a/agadez.ockers.net/r/user/root/cyrus.cache
/var/spool/imap/domain/a/agadez.ockers.net/r/user/root/cyrus.header
/var/spool/imap/domain/a/agadez.ockers.net/r/user/root/cyrus.index

At least that's how I would read it, I have several other domains hosted
on my mail server and they are all in their own subdirectories. I have
never had any performance issues. Also I think Cyrus is massively
scalable (by design) if you want to.

Jim