[clue] [tech] AT commands for sending SMS on Novatel/Verizon USB stick

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Apr 12 19:03:39 MDT 2011

Hi Will,

I read the wikipedia page and the application I'm building could be
accurately described as a SMS Gateway.  It will have an ethernet
connection, web interface/application, and internal applications to
handle sent & received messages.  I can accomplish this with a USB cell
phone modem and a Linux box.  (But not if the stupid* Novatel USB modem
has no AT commands for sending & receiving SMS messages.)

We aren't going to trunk into any telcos with SS7.

Jim

*I'll retract the "stupid" characterization in the event someone from
Novatel gets back to me with some helpful AT commands.  Their web site
is spectacularly unhelpful with regards to this.
--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
Contact info: http://www.ockers.net/msi.html