[clue] impressions on mint12?

Alex samide absamide at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 09:29:26 MST 2011

I also recently implemented Mint 12 and have been very happy with many of the changes.  One thing I found is it runs fine on my older laptop, but my ATI video card in it, is old enough that all the drivers stopped being supported beyond kernel 2.6 so although things work, the video is a bit more glitchy than on Mint 11 that supported the proprietary drivers with the Kernel and Gnome version.

There are a few things that I haven't figured out yet, such as customizing some of the software shortcuts in the menu.  Installed a program which added a shortcut in the menu, but since it wasn't installed as an apt-get the only way to delete is remove the directory which did not remove the shortcut, and I haven't figured out where to remove it as of yet.

Overall I am pretty happy with it, but it is only a couple days into it so far.