[clue] How did I get a PayPal account?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Dec 26 09:29:11 MST 2011

This seems odd.  I've used PayPal to give money to various people--Free software developers, Humble
Bundle, etc.  But I've never tried to set up an account, I just fill out the credit card form like
any web merchant.

Today I did that and they say "based on the info you entered you can pay with your account or
continue as a guest".  Since I don't have an account I obviously don't have a password to log in.

So I clicked the reset password link and it tells me that my account is permanently locked with a
zero balance.  I guess they don't forget about guests as much as you might think.